ME :)

ME :)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

center of the ring like a CIRCUS

Have you ever seen the Big Apple Circus? I have never but two weeks ago, I got to with Carl Coulanges to the release party of the Documentary that will be on TV tonight. I got to see a dress rehearsal of the show and I am really excited to be able to attend a full show one day. What you see is not really what goes on behind scenes. It is really intense! You have to be flexible, determined, and have supporters who will be there for you at all times. And Carl and my relationship, you can say is like the Circus. What you see isn't all that he is about. He is the center because of his hectic schedule and I am the one who is behind scenes who makes sure he has support and he is focus. Yes at times I take the back seat but I know in the end that this is his dream. And I am willing to see my man become the next big thing!

Carl Coulanges  has been a role model to me in many ways. He has pushed me to be the best teacher, writer, daughter, and now student that I can be. He is very driven when it comes to education, so its no surprise that  he is going into the education field. In January of 201,  he will be a part time professor at his undergrad school. I will kind of be living a Serena (from Gossip Girl) life by dating a professor! ;)

Before Carl decided to be a professor he was and still is crazy about editing. i swear its his first love. And he is having an affair with me on the side. He is a great editor, logger and producer. During his down time, which he doesn't have much he is editing or meeting clients. He locks himself in his studio doing clips for upcoming football players, weddings, online TV shows, and documentaries. One specific documentary that I am thrill to talk about is the one which will be debuting tonight on PBS!

It is about the life of the many workers who are in the Circus. It has taught me a lot that I didn't know that goes on backstage. But then is that not what a documentary is suppose to do? When we went to the release party and we saw his name come on the credit screen it hit me, I am dating some one who will become the next Spielberg. Not many people at his age have the drive and integrity that it takes to make in the film industry. You have to have a thick skin and be able to hear the word NO ALOT! Carl looks up to Tyler Perry as his inspiration, I on the other hand look up to Carl Coulanges. Literary and Metaphorically! I am so proud of you and I will be even MORE proud when we are sitting in LA at Staples Center where he will be accepting his Oscar!

Make Sure you all tune in tonight to see The Big Apple Circus Documentary @ 9pm on PBS :)

No comments: