ME :)

ME :)

Thursday, November 4, 2010

How far will you go for love?

Before I met my Prince I kissed many frogs. And I mean MANYYY. But hey, how would I know when I fell upon the Great if I didn't date the Worst!? I for one have tried and seen many relationships. But the one I try to comprehend are long distance relationships! The only long distance relationship I truly believe in don't become a relationship. It just because too much baggage! I am a very intense person who requires alot of attention and honesty. My boyfriend even says I am a full time job! And I'm OK with that LOL!  For what I have seen, long distance relationships always die! In order to survive you have to be able to ride. And if you cant eventually your love will die.

So many know many couples who think they find the one do things that they would never do for anyone else especially when it is long distance. But why? And don't even think to say its because of LOVE. Because love doesn't make you do anything! It just makes you BELIEVE that you can do anything and the person who you are currently dating will do the same. But in reality no matter how much you are in love, some one in the relationship will always think of themselves first. And when it becomes constant, you have to stop and look at the red flags and pack your shit up and go!!

There's this guy I know name Darren. Darren was in a long distance relationship and he became so in love and head over heels. So much in love that for the summer he packed up and went to stay with family and his girlfriend in Hawaii. Do you see the dedication? And if this was you wouldn't you just be in heaven?! Yes, well apparently she was not. Previously there relationship was amazing and soon after  Darren returned to New York there relationship started to come crashing down. She looked for every reason to say that their they just weren't working out. He did not want to let her go. First signs of the red flags.  After having a long talk she told him that she loved him and promised  to make it work. He assumed she understood that there was no way a man comes all the way to Hawaii and spends his summer and money on you, that within a month you fall outta love. Darren was so crazy in love and it wasn't his fault at all! It was the mixed signals and the love he had for this girl. Thinking and hoping she was the one.

I have a very close friend of mine name Theresa, she has been with her boyfriend for a while. Theresa and Lucky met on Twitter. He private message her of course with his line and she took the bait. I'm not saying that she is naive or dumb. But he lives in New York and she lives in Maryland. Because of the distance there is no way of knowing wheter he sent this message to many girls and she was the one who replied. They do try to see each other once or twice a month. Thank God she drives because he has been to the Big Apple one time! In addition, when she comes there are times he says he cannot see her because of work! COME ON SON!! Any dude or female knows if you are in a relationship and you haven't seen your significant other you are going to want to spend every minute with her. Isn't that how a long distance relationship works? To me she has accepted being second best. Another case of red flags being sent and someone ignoring them. He has used the phone died, I worked overtime, my phone didnt ring and the new one is I am now living with my mom! You work all that overtime and now you suddenly live back with your moms?

Darren has woken his eyes up and saw that the girl was a triflin' good for nothing girl! She had no plans for what she promised and it was all a game! She wanted to go out more and hang out with her friends. No one was stopping her but herself. She said Darren didnt understand where she was coming from. But did she stop to think where he was coming from?? As for Theresa she is still in this "great" relationship and has even stopped talking about getting married because of his religion. And we all know ladies, we have been dreaming of our wedding since we have been 5 years old.


Trust me I dated a dude who was an infamous player and told me his tricks and trades to the game. When people are in love we don't see the flags! And if we do see them, we ignore them. Thinking things will get better. But do they ever get better? Take for an example, Rihanna! Chris Brown was known for his anger in their relationship and yet she still stayed. I am not blaming her saying its her fault for staying but it cannot be love that keeps you in an unstable relationship. It has to be a bigger issue, like how you feel about yourself! Because if you cherish your self and BELIEVE you deserve better you would not stand around and let yourself be treated less than what you deserve!

If the person who are with truly loves you like they say they will do their absolute best to make the relationship work. It may not be what you  both envision when you first started dating but it can be something similar! Like Kanye West says, why have Solange when you can Beyonce!?

DONT SETTLE FOR LESS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-CACRCdt8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

definitely had to stop my music to read this in full. Sound like Darren was a good dude. I bet he done changed his outlook on females and everything. I wish the best of them Darren and Theresa good luck.